the chamber choir of Many Voices…One Song
Tom Trenney, conductor
Sowing tears…Reaping joy
sounding light sings from the Psalms
- Friday, March 4, 2016, at 7:30 p.m. First Presbyterian Church, Birmingham, MI
- Saturday, March 5, 2016 at 7:30 p.m. First United Methodist Church, Ann Arbor
- Sunday, March 6, 2016 at 3:00 p.m. at First Presbyterian Church, Northville
Among the most beloved words of scripture are the inspired verses of the Psalms. sounding light gives voice to these treasured poems which powerfully express the deepest human emotions—from triumphant shouts of joy to mournful cries of despair, from the shadow of the valley to the mountain peak, from the stillness of peace to the turbulence of war. sounding light serenades the audience with timeless musical settings of these dynamic and meaningful words—including world premieres from Detroit composer David DiChiera and sounding light’s own Tom Trenney.
Sing Praise Seraphic-wise
sounding light sings heavenly music of the angels
- Saturday, June 4, 2016, at 7:30 p.m. The First United Methodist Church, Birmingham
- Sunday, June 5, 2016 at 4:00 p.m. St. Lorenz Church, Frankenmuth
The ravishing voices of sounding light deliver the holy message of the angels, echoing the glorious strains of English cathedral anthems by Gerald Finzi and Herbert Howells. sounding light will transport us to the heavenly realms through the sublime beauty of ethereal works by Maurice Duruflé, Felix Mendelssohn, and Sergei Rachmaninoff and a world premiere by Tom Trenney. Come to be enraptured by the radiance of sounding light.