Look up and See, released in fall 2014, features the luminous voices of sounding light in inspired music which offers an inspirational message. sounding light’s third recording features world premieres by Anne Wilson and Tom Trenney alongside contemporary favorites by René Clausen and Stephen Paulus, and spiritual songs by Andraé Crouch and Stacey Gibbs with choral classics from Norman Luboff, Alice Parker, and Robert Shaw.
Tidings of Comfort and Joy
sounding light celebrates the spirit of Christmas
- Friday, December 12 at 7:30 p.m. at Christ Church Cranbrook, Bloomfield Hills, MI
- Saturday, December 13 at 7:30 p.m. at University Presbyterian Church, Rochester Hills, MI
- Sunday, December 14 at 2:00 p.m. at North Hills Christian Reformed Church, Troy, MI
“O come, all ye faithful, joyful and triumphant!” “O come, all ye weary, and I will give you rest.” Take a deep breath from the hustle and bustle; rest a moment from the business and busy-ness of the holiday season. Come to hear the angelic voices of sounding light bringing heavenly music that will reawaken the awe and wonder of this holy season. Raise your voice with the angel choirs in favorite Christmas carols, sharing the good tidings of comfort and joy!
From Age to Age
sounding light sings timeless choral masterworks
- Friday, March 13 at 7:30 p.m. at First Presbyterian Church, Flint, MI
- Saturday, March 14 at 7:30 p.m. at First Presbyterian Church, Ann Arbor, MI
- Sunday, March 15 at 3:00 p.m. at First United Methodist Church, Plymouth, MI
Travel through time to discover the true treasures of music history with the golden voices of sounding light as your guide. The choir will share sparkling gems by Johann Sebastian Bach, Johannes Brahms, and Felix Mendelssohn as well as cherished riches by Alexander Gretchaninoff and Sergei Rachmaninoff. sounding light’s master singers will sing a wealth of music of the masters in a concert for the ages.
The World Made New
sounding light and the Mark Stone Trio perform eclectic music of hope and renewal
- Friday, June 5 at 7:00 p.m. at Our Lady of Good Counsel Catholic Church, Plymouth, MI
- Saturday, June 6 at 7:00 p.m. at Christ Church Cranbrook, Bloomfield Hills, MI
- Sunday, June 7 at 7:00 p.m. First United Methodist Church, Ann Arbor, MI
From words by Dolly Parton and Eleanor Roosevelt to music by Johann Sebastian Bach and Sweet Honey and the Rock, sounding light sings a bold, colorful collage in its most eclectic program to date. Featuring the incomparable Mark Stone Trio (percussion and violin), this season finale will deliver an irrepressible spirit of hope, promise, and possibility. Kick off your summer by opening your ears to sounding light’s compelling vision of the world made new!
A lot has changed in these last ten years, but Many Voices…One Song has remained committed to its inspiring mission: sharing music to build community. In this tenth anniversary season, sounding light promises more of the compelling, communicative performances that its audiences have come to expect since its concert debut in 2003. Join the engaging choral artists of sounding light and their beloved founder and conductor, Tom Trenney, in this spectacular season-long celebration of the first decade of Many Voices…One Song.